Please invite any of your friends or neighbors who are considering homeschooling their children to Knox County Christian Home School Assocation’s sixth annual Home School 101 seminar. Better yet, come with them! Veteran homeschoolers will explain the basics of homeschooling, answer questions about legal and socialization issues, provide samples of various curriculums, and introduce the many resources available locally and nationally, preK through high school. The meeting is FREE, no RSVP required.
· Tuesday, June 14 from 6:30 p.m. – 8:45 p.m. Both parents are encouraged to attend.
· Public Library of Mt Vernon and Knox County, basement meeting rooms, 201 N. Mulberry Street, Mt Vernon, OH. Parking is available in the lot behind the building or on adjacent side streets.
· No childcare is provided; it’s a boring meeting for kids so please arrange a babysitter.
Two kinds of Home School 101 help are needed, now through June 14:
1. Pray for the evening and those who will attend. Some years, the battle is obvious (posters being ripped down, a combative parent in attendance); other times it’s more subtle (problems with the Library’s air conditioning or a malfunctioning printer). Pray that we would communicate the many blessings of homeschooling with clarity and with love.
2. Help us advertise! If you know a potential homeschooler who has questions about the event, please invite them to contact Melanie Hexter at firstname.lastname@example.org or 740-397-8996, or direct them to www.kcchsa.org for the details.
Comments are closed.